Best easy vegan cinnamon swirl bread. It’s so soft, fluffy and delicious. Dairy-free and egg-free! Great for weekend baking, breakfast or dessert.
Who doesn’t love baked cinnamon treats?! This vegan cinnamon swirl bread made with brown sugar cinnamon butter melts in your mouth and is the perfect bread to bake on a Sunday afternoon.
I fully admit that I am probably a carb-aholic! I can rarely resist a good freshly baked bread. Whether it’s banana bread, garlic flatbread or cheesy pesto breadsticks I’m there for the treat! In a heartbeat!
When it comes to sweet bread recipes, Cinnamon bread probably is one of the best things to bake. The sweet but with a hint of spice cinnamon gives the bread dimension and a sweetness that is absolutely irresistible!
Cinnamon bread is the perfect bread to make on a lazy Sunday morning or afternoon. It’s so easy to make.
How to make cinnamon bread
Creating the perfect yeast dough takes a bit of time, but it is absolutely worth it. The dough needs to rest and rise for two hours in total, but the process in between is very quick and easy. And trust me, the bread is worth the wait!
A delicious buttery cinnamon filling
Cinnamon bread isn’t complete without a delicious filling. The buttery filling is made of vegan butter, brown sugar and ground sweet cinnamon. Which makes an amazing filling for the bread.
Braiding the bread
For this swirly cinnamon bread, I wanted to make it look even more beautiful so I divided the dough into three parts and braided them together to create a beautiful pattern on the top of the bread.
Cutting each roll down the middle also creates beautiful layers exposing the buttery filling inside the bread.
The vegan cinnamon swirl bread is:
- Loaded with Cinnamon flavour
- So incredibly delicious
Use your imagination
Although I love the bread as it is, I do think it gives room for some playing around. Adding some apples, marzipan, almonds or other nuts to the recipe would make it even more fun. You could even add some frosting on top of the bread and serve it as a dessert.
Vegan Cinnamon Swirl bread
Swirly braided cinnamon bread
- 2.5 tsp dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup warm soya milk
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 2 tbsp ground golden flax seeds
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose baking flour
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Icing sugar for dusting
Buttery Cinnamon filling
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp soya milk to coat the bread for baking
- Start by preparing the flax egg by putting ground flax seeds on a small bowl, add water and stir. Let sit for about 1o minutes or until thick.
- Combine yeast with warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer. Sprinkle in a little bit of the sugar. Let stand until frothy.
- Add the warm milk, melted butter, flax egg, sugar and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Beat with the dough hook until the dough is smooth and pulls no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp kitchen towel. Let rise for one hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
Buttery Cinnamon Filling
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper. Mix together the vegan butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Divide the dough into three even parts. Take the first dough and roll out on a lightly floured surface making a rectangle. Spread 1/3 of the butter mixture onto the dough. With the long edge facing you, tightly roll up the dough.
Assembling the bread
- Repeat with other two doughs.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the roll lengthwise in half, displaying the layers of the roll. Lay all the cut doughs in a row, pinch one end together and start braiding the doughs making sure that the layers are facing upwards.
- Pinch the other end and carefully place the braided bread in the loaf tin. Cover again with the kitchen towel and let rise for one more hour or until the bread has doubled in size.
- Cover again with the kitchen towel and let rise for one more hour or until the bread has doubled in size.
- Heat the oven to 160°C. Carefully brush the bread with some soya milk. Bake in centre for 35-40 minutes or until the bread is deep golden colour.
- Allow the bread to cool down on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment down below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram @abiteofkindness