I fell in love with green pesto a few years back. Usually, I would just buy it, however, when I found out how easy it is to make yourself I have loved doing that ever since. This is how to make vegan green pesto pasta.
Green pesto is perfect as a topping for bread and sandwiches or just as a dip. But I really love using it as a pasta sauce. It’s a quick and easy recipe, perfect for a weekday dinner or a lunch. All you need is a food processor, a pot and the ingredients.
Vegan green pesto pasta
- 3 cup Basil
- 1/3 cup Pine nuts
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Dairy-free parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make vegan green pesto you need 3 cups of basil, 1/3 cup of pine nuts, 2 tbsp of olive oil, 3 tbsp vegan parmesan cheese, 2 tbsp lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Stopping once in a while to scrape down the sides.
- When you’ve blended all the ingredients set the vegan green pesto aside and start working on your pasta.
- Boil 2 cups of pasta according to the manufactures directions. Take aside 1/4 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain the pasta and put back in the pot. Add the pesto and stir well. Add pasta water if needed. Serve with roasted cherry tomatoes and sem extra dairy-free parmesan cheese.
You can also use this pesto recipe to make my vegan green pesto breadsticks.
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment down below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram @abiteofkindness
Press here to follow me on Instagram!