In this recipe, I want to share with you my Hawaiian inspired sweet and spicy Oumph skewers. They turned out just perfectly sweet and spicy and can be enjoyed on their own, in tacos or in a salad.
Nothing feels more like summer than having a BBQ party. I love meeting up with friends, cooking great food on the barbeque and eating together and then maybe afterward enjoy playing board games into the night. I think this is one of the biggest things I miss about Iceland.
We have such good friends back there and long summer nights with friends are some of my happiest memories. The jokes, the laughs, the stories… and everything added to the big bank of memories.
Hopefully, we will soon be able to have similar parties here in London. In the meantime, we will still have our BBQ parties as a family of four.
Sweet and spicy Oumph skewers
Sweet and spicy Oumph skewersPrint
- 1/4 cup Low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup Coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp Minced ginger
- 1/2 finely chopped red chili
- 1 Bag of Non flavoured Oumph (The chunk)
- In a bowl combine the soy sauce, pineapple juice, coconut sugar, and ketchup.
- Add the pressed garlic, minced ginger, and finely chopped chili and stir well.
- Pour over the Oumph and generously coat the Oumph in the marinade.
- Let the Oumph marinade for about 1-2 hours in the fridge. It will soak up the flavor and just be even better when you cook it on the BBQ.
- Thread the Oumph in the skewers and pour the rest of the marinade in a small bowl. Use it to brush the Oumph with extra sauce while grilling. Cook until the Oumph is heated through and starting to brown.
I hope you will like the recipe as much as we did. We enjoyed the Oumph skewers two days in a row, first on their own with some potato salad and veggie skewers. And, on the second day, we had them with a giant bowl of salad with roasted sweet potato and a special green dressing.
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment down below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram @abiteofkindness
Need the perfect dessert to go with your BBQ Oumph? Why not try my raspberry cupcakes?