These vegan and gluten-free blueberry streusel muffins are so light and fluffy on the inside but the crunchy streusel top gives them a great texture. These will be a hit at any party!
I think it’s fair to say that anything with blueberries is a total hit with my family, well, at least most of us. Blueberry muffins are a timeless bake and perfect for any occasion. They are so sweet and bursting with flavour. Imagine having one as a treat in your packed lunch or as a cheeky snack?!
Just look at those juicy berries exploding on the top surrounded by the crunchy streusel topping. I just wish I could have one right now. Honestly, these are one of the best muffins I have ever made and the best part is that everyone in my family can enjoy them since they are totally gluten-free.
We use Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour for our gluten-free treats. I love how it just makes everything easier. You can literally replace flour in the same quantities and the texture is absolutely spot on!
Vegan and gluten-free blueberry streusel muffins
Gluten-free Blueberry Streusel muffins
For the muffins
- 1 3/4 cup Gluten-free flour (Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Soy milk
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Blueberries
For the streusel
- 1/2 cup + 5 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Vegan butter
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl sift together the gluten-free flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl combine the soy milk, oil, apple cider vinegar and vanilla. Allow the mix to thicken for a few minutes.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Line a muffin tin with liners and divide the batter between the muffins ( I like to put 1/3 of a cup in each muffin liner).
- Make the streusel by combining all the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Melt the vegan butter and add to the bowl. Give it a quick mix.
- Divide the blueberries between the muffins and add on top and then top with streusel mix.
- Bake for approx. 25-30 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment down below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram @abiteofkindness